Violin Vibrato Video Summary
In the violin vibrato video above, I go over one of the most significant missed elements of mastering vibrato which is paying attention to the right-hand. You’ll definitely get a lot out of this violin vibrato lesson!
Many students overlook the importance of improving the right-hand when it comes to mastering violin vibrato.
If your right-hand is tense while you are bowing, you’ll also likely be tense in your left-hand.
So when you are playing the violin, it’s critical to pay attention to how you are holding the bow.
Make sure you avoid using the thumb and pinky to guide the bow.
The key is using the small muscles in the right-hand.
Never underestimate the importance of both hands being relaxed.
Most students focus only on the left-hand.
Violin Vibrato Lesson Additional Tips
Here are some additional violin vibrato tips outside of the video above.
1. Make sure your thumb is curved in the bow-hand.
2. Avoid pressing up against the bow with the pinky.
3. Get your index finger over the stick more (you’ll feel like you have less control of the bow which is good).
The violin vibrato video should help you tremendously, but there is so much more to say about violin vibrato.
Get My Best Violin Vibrato Lessons on Video
Here is what you’ll learn from my best vibrato lessons that I’m offering you for only $5.
- How to avoid bad habits with vibrato (webinar class).
- Get your hand to move perfectly and apply vibrato in songs.
- How to get a clean and beautiful vibrato (with my 24-page guide).
- Drills to help you take your violin vibrato to the next level.
- Lots of Q/A to get all your questions answered about vibrato (get it all for only $5 here).